Deze site is tegenwoordig een archief over Nederlandse hiphop vroeger en krijgt geen updates meer. Zowel de site als forum zijn te tof geweest om niet online te houden.
Index   -   Actieve onderwerpen   -   Beleid   -   Zoeken   
 Index / Muziek /
dap
Gepost door dap op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 10:13:52
"Well I truly regret actually purchasing a copy of the new Beastie Boys album to support them.

It seems that Capitol Records has some sort of new copy protection system, that automatically, silently, installs "helpful" copy protection software on MacOS and Windows as soon as you insert the CD into default systems.

I'm not sure exactly what it does yet, but I am sure regreting actually purchasing said media now... they don't deserve my money if they choose to pull stupid stunts like this. Installing software without your permission sounds like viral malware behaviour to me. I certainly hope the AV companies put signatures into their products for this crap.

They include some sort of uninstaller buried on there for Windows, but I see no such thing for MacOS. If anyone has disassembled the aforementioned malware already and can save us some time with instructions on how to remove it... thanks in advance."
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 17-06-2004 @ 10:14:23 ]
ROK Gepost door ROK op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 12:10:39
dan doet ie het zeker ook niet in de cd-speler in de auto ?!

had ik ook met extince cd
----------------------------------------
WHAT !!!
SpooK!
Gepost door SpooK! op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 12:25:09
die kopieer beveiliging is irritant en eigenlijk ook nutteloos, want met wat moeite kan je het toch altijd wel kopieren. Het is alleen irritant, die "copy controlled" cd's (top notch gebruikt dat onder andere) doen het niet goed in mijn mp3-discman. (omdat die discman ook datatracks kan lezen denk ik)

beetje zielig gedoe, als ze nou zorgen dat die cd gewoon dope is..
Mip
Gepost door Mip op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 13:40:18
ach ja
beetje zielig, en nutteloos. die beveiligingen hebben vaak geen nut behalve dan dat de cd's het slecht doen in autoradio's en discmans
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 17-06-2004 @ 13:40:36 ]
BattleCat
Je weet toch.
Gepost door BattleCat op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 14:36:43
Dit werkt volgens mij alleen maar negatief. De consument denkt nu bekijk het maar met je kopieerbeveiliging ik download wel.
creech
Limited Edition
Gepost door creech op donderdag 17-06-2004 om 23:34:31
Zit er eigenlijk een waarschuwingssticker op met "Pas op deze cd werkt niet op alle cd spelers" ?
----------------------------------------
Sit jou kop in die koei se kont en wag tot die bull jou kom holnaai.
dap
Gepost door dap op vrijdag 18-06-2004 om 23:19:39
New Beasties disc has DRM -- Fight! For your right! To cooo-oopy!

The Beastie Boys' new CD, To the Five Boroughs, has DRM on it that prevents you from ripping it or making a copy for your car. I got the MP3s last week -- it's a great album -- and was going to buy the CD while I'm in the US this week, but now I think I'll just erase the MP3s and not bother. If the Beasties wanna treat me like a crook, I don't want to be their customer.

Note that the only thing that this DRM is doing here is pissing off the honest fans who want open CDs; the DRM on the CD didn't stop my source from making me a set of MP3s. In other words, if you plan on listening to the new disc on your iPod or laptop, you're better off downloading a copy made by a cracker and posted on Kazaa -- if you buy it in a shop, you're going to have to go through the lawbreaking rigamarole of breaking the DRM yourself.

I always hear record execs whining that they "can't compete with free" -- but maybe the real competitive disadvantage is that they're selling a product that's less useful than the one being served up on P2P nets. Link (Thanks, Jon!)

Update: Ian sez, "Hi, I'm not sure who posted re: Beastie Boys copy protection, but I just spoke with Mike D and their management and they wanted me to pass along that a) This is all territories except the US and UK -- US and UK discs do not have this protection on them; b) All EMI CDs are treated this way, theirs isn't receiving special treatment; c) They would have preferred not to have the copy protection, but weren't allowed to differ from EMI policy."
Mip
Gepost door Mip op zaterdag 19-06-2004 om 12:22:19
Quote:
dap schreef op 18-06-2004 @ 23:19:39
..has DRM on it that prevents you from ripping it or making a copy for your car. I got the MP3s last week

wat klopt hier niet?
dap
Gepost door dap op zaterdag 19-06-2004 om 12:26:54
via peer2peer
FHL Gepost door FHL op zondag 27-06-2004 om 00:35:26
Net als bij Dilated. Gewoon kopen en daarna downloaden voor je mp3 speler.
Dan heb je hem legaal, en is het probleem van het niet legaal kunnen rippen opgelost.
 Index / Muziek /
© 1998 - 2024 NLhiphop.nl. Alle rechten voorbehouden - All rights reserved. Parsed in 0.0108 sec.