Deze site is tegenwoordig een archief over Nederlandse hiphop vroeger en krijgt geen updates meer. Zowel de site als forum zijn te tof geweest om niet online te houden.
Index   -   Actieve onderwerpen   -   Beleid   -   Zoeken   
 Index / Muziek /
n9ne
Gepost door n9ne op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 11:41:14
Posted on March 21, 2006 -- Hate him or love him, Compton, Calif.-born rapper The Game single-handedly brought the West Coast back when he burst onto the scene with his debut album, The Documentary. Prior to that, he had built up an enormous buzz through a heavy mixtape presence, favorable press clippings, and then (drum roll please), a high-profile affiliation with 50 Cent and his widely popular G-Unit. But with these two hip hop mega-superstars sharing the same brand name, the relationship was bound to go sour.

Now that his much hyped feud with 50 Cent has settled down, it's back to the music for the Aftermath/Interscope artist (yes, he's still signed to the label). Next up, The Doctor's Advocate, Game's sophomore release, scheduled to hit stores in June. BET.com caught up with Game recently for an exclusive interview while he took a break from recording his new album. Here's how it went down.

Let’s talk about your upcoming album, The Doctor’s Advocate. Are you almost done completing it?

I’m about 85 percent done. The only person that I haven’t seen is Kanye. He’s gonna do two or three joints. I worked with Just Blaze, Scott Storch, Swizz Beatz, [and] Dr. Dre. When this album drops, it’s gonna set the tone for the rest of my career.

Despite the rumors, and what 50 has said, you are still working with Dr. Dre?

Yes, I’m an artist signed to Aftermath. The only thing that’s missing is the G-Unit and 50 Cent on the back on the album.

So you are officially no longer affiliated with G-Unit then?

Nah. That’s spoiled milk. Nobody gonna drink that. I don’t even have no ill feelings towards them. Getting rid of [that] was a blessing. I kinda felt like God’s had his hands on me. We had one of the biggest rap beefs to date. Like Tupac/Biggie. I woke up and I was right in the middle of it, but only in the beginning stages. I [wasn't] gonna let it get to that point.

But I heard some things about your relationship with Aftermath/Interscope going sour as a result of your beef with G-Unit. Are you on good terms with your record label now?

The politics and the industry and the label, there was so much mixed feelings. I reconciled [it all] now, and everything is good at the label. It’s resolved. I’m ready to drop a load, and it ain’t like I’m some mediocre artist. I made a lot of money for Interscope. The Documentary, my album, went five times platinum.

Was the June 6 (6/6/06) release date for the album intentional or was that a coincidence?

Yes, the devil’s day. That’s the day for all the haters, the day I’m going up against all of that. I’m doing my own thing. That’s my independence day. Free from all the bullsh*t and the hip hop politics, which can be draining. To a young Black male from Compton, to escape all the drama that comes with the rap game, it's draining.

What can we expect from you on this album?

That is the question you should answer yourself. I’m gonna keep that on the wraps.

Are there any guest appearances on this album?

I won’t say. I’m not telling. I’m gonna be on there. I might as well start at No. 1 and rap all the way through No. 15.

Why? Is there no other artist out there in the game that inspires you right now?

There are two cats who are an inspiration. One is Young Jeezy. I’m feeling a lot of what he’s doing. The other is this new cat, Lupe Fiasco, who was on Kanye’s album. Everybody else is just everybody else. I think hip hop is in a state of emergency right now.

What is the main thing you are trying to accomplish with this album?

This is my life, people gotta understand. On this album, I wrote everything just like the last one. I’m fighting for my independence. I’m selling a million the first week.

What else do you have going on outside of the album, the movies, and your sneakers?

Charli Baltimore’s album, which is Pandora’s Box. Charli was one of those girls, she been around so long and she keeps ending up in the wrong situations in life and sometimes that happens. I was in a position where I could help her. We’re working on an album. We’re in the beginning stages of her album.

When is it coming out?

It’s gotta be perfect or it’s not coming out, and she knows that and she’s hungry. We’re aiming for next summer.

Aside from Charli, who is on Black Wall Street?

Black Wall Street right now is just Game and Charli Baltimore. Everybody else, you gotta do a lot of grinding before I shout your name on the radio.

I’ve been reading that you will be venturing into Hollywood.

Yeah. The movie was directed by Vondie Curtis Hall, who did the movie with Tupac, Gridlocked. It’s called Waist Deep. It’s got Tyrese, Larenz Tate, Meagan Goode. I’m the villain in the movie. The movie business is where it’s at. More money, less drama.

And there are two other movies, right?

I’ll be working on another movie in the next couple of months. I’m off to a good start as far as my acting reviews are concerned.

Do you think somebody needs to come in and change the game?

Everybody needs to step up to the plate. Hip hop is beautiful and it feeds a lot of people. It’s time for Black people to get up and get out and do something.
n9ne
Gepost door n9ne op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 11:45:08

Die lijst qua producers ziet er niet verkeerd uit, ik kijk in ieder geval uit naar dit album..
rr00bbiiee
Robbie
Gepost door rr00bbiiee op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 11:52:28
Dope. Ik digg The Game wel.
Ik kijk ook uit naar dit album .
Angelix
jeweetwie
Gepost door Angelix op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 11:59:08
[quote]Why? Is there no other artist out there in the game that inspires you right now?

There are two cats who are an inspiration. One is Young Jeezy. I’m feeling a lot of what he’s doing. The other is this new cat, Lupe Fiasco, who was on Kanye’s album. Everybody else is just everybody else. I think hip hop is in a state of emergency right now.[/qoute]

Maar een klein beetje arrogant.
----------------------------------------
Ik beschouw mezelf een held in dit,niet volgens opinie
maar omdat ik mezelf geweldig vind.
KRStarr
Back in business
Gepost door KRStarr op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 12:09:22
Quote:
Angelix schreef op 23-03-2006 @ 11:59
[quote]Why? Is there no other artist out there in the game that inspires you right now?

There are two cats who are an inspiration. One is Young Jeezy. I’m feeling a lot of what he’s doing. The other is this new cat, Lupe Fiasco, who was on Kanye’s album. Everybody else is just everybody else. I think hip hop is in a state of emergency right now.[/qoute]

Maar een klein beetje arrogant.

inderdaad...
en dan al helemaal als je ziet welke 2 artists..vind dat namelijk geen spektakel
BBRRAAPPPP!!!!
Huussuh Gepost door Huussuh op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 14:31:58
Hehe, wacht maar op dat nieuwe Saigon album, dan gaat ie wel recognizen.
dap schreef op 08-11-2010 @ 17:52
over 2 maanden weet ik al niet meer wie huussuh is.
T.O.R. Gepost door T.O.R. op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 15:12:51
sja arrogantie in hiphop is niet bepaald nieuw...

The Game is 'n dikke rapper, en dikke producers, ben benieuwd...
www.myspace.com/uberdope
www.myspace.com/torigineel
Bru-Taal1989
Gepost door Bru-Taal1989 op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 15:43:38
Quote:
T.O.R. schreef op 23-03-2006 @ 15:12
sja arrogantie in hiphop is niet bepaald nieuw...

The Game is 'n dikke rapper, en dikke producers, ben benieuwd...

[url]http://www.last.fm/user/Bru-Taal/[/url]
royal
hiphop went from hip to pop
Gepost door royal op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 16:07:40
Gelukkig heeft Game de beef eindelijk met rust gelaten. Vondt die dvd 'Stop snitchin' Stop lyin' trouwens wel lachen. Maar hij een beetje de enigste die de West nu vertegenwoordigt.
Utreg is wat men zeg.
Bru-Taal1989
Gepost door Bru-Taal1989 op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 16:33:22
Wat?! Ice cube Dr Dre Snoop dogg, Slum village (geloof ik), Dilated ga zo maar door... Dat game dat claimt is een ander verhaal ....
n9ne
Gepost door n9ne op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 18:48:40

Mwah ik vind toch wel dat Game de westcoast vertegenwoordigd, Snoop is niet meer wat het geweest is. Dre heeft al in tijden niets meer gedropt, ik vind toch wel echt dat Game Westcoast represent.
Bru-Taal1989
Gepost door Bru-Taal1989 op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 19:41:07
Groupie....
n9ne
Gepost door n9ne op donderdag 23-03-2006 om 21:55:21

Klappen op school morgen.. hihi.
Angelix
jeweetwie
Gepost door Angelix op zondag 26-03-2006 om 12:43:37
Dre kwam toch met een nieuw album?

Ik vind de game maar niks, hij doet me iets te stoer voor de skills die hij heeft.
Ik beschouw mezelf een held in dit,niet volgens opinie
maar omdat ik mezelf geweldig vind.
Bru-Taal1989
Gepost door Bru-Taal1989 op zondag 26-03-2006 om 14:33:21
Als het goed is komt Detox dit jaar (nieuwe cd van dre)... Maar hij is al zo vaak uitgesteld dat de meeste mensen der niet echt meer in geloven.....
slijmbal
hiphopjunkforlife
Gepost door slijmbal op zondag 26-03-2006 om 15:26:30
the game is dope.
check die cd van hem, komt voor mij zwaar over 'get rich or..... heen. als het daar om gaat.

vind die Stop snitching wel grappig, alleen het horen van ggggg u-not komt je wel de strot uit aan het eind.

"Underground just ain't a word, it doesn't mean unheard. If you a real hip hop fan than it means preferred."
 Index / Muziek /
© 1998 - 2024 NLhiphop.nl. Alle rechten voorbehouden - All rights reserved. Parsed in 0.008 sec.