Deze site is tegenwoordig een archief over Nederlandse hiphop vroeger en krijgt geen updates meer. Zowel de site als forum zijn te tof geweest om niet online te houden.
Index   -   Actieve onderwerpen   -   Beleid   -   Zoeken   
 Index / Sport, hobby en vrijetijd /
dap
Gepost door dap op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 18:48:37
whoppa Verstappen bij Minardi !
dap
Gepost door dap op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 18:55:43
" JOS THE BOSS IS BACK!

FAENZA, ITALY, January 9, 2003

The KL Minardi team today confirms the news that many Formula One fans have been eagerly awaiting: hard-charging Dutchman, Jos Verstappen, will join Britain’s highly regarded Justin Wilson in the Faenza squad’s 2003 driver line-up. The announcement was made by Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart, at a press conference held near Rotterdam early Thursday evening.

At 30, Verstappen brings a highly desirable combination of undoubted pace and extensive Formula One experience to the Italian-based team, having driven for Benetton, Simtek, Arrows, Tyrrell and Stewart in the course of a seven-year career in Grand Prix racing.

The Montefort-born driver’s rise to motor racing’s top category was nothing short of meteoric. Sensationally quick in karts, he moved rapidly through Formula Opel Lotus, dominated the German Formula Three Championship in 1993, and found himself debuting for the Benetton Formula One team in 1994, alongside Michael Schumacher, after regular driver, JJ Lehto, was injured in a pre-season testing accident. Amazingly, Verstappen had less than 50 car races under his belt when he started that year’s season-opening Brazilian Grand Prix.

Always regarded as one of Formula One’s quickest drivers, Verstappen’s best result to date was his third-place finish in the 1994 Hungarian Grand Prix. He is perhaps most famously remembered, however, for emerging singed but not shaken from a fiery refuelling incident that marred that year’s German Grand Prix.

“I am very pleased to be back in Formula One and to have signed to drive for Minardi in 2003,” comments Verstappen. “Up and down the pit lane, it has always been known that Minardi builds good cars and is a strong little team that has only been prevented from achieving its full potential over the years by a lack of sponsorship. I am really impressed with Paul Stoddart’s plans for the team and by this year’s technical package, which looks strong to me. I have been around Formula One long enough, however, to know better than to make extravagant claims about a team’s competitiveness before a new season begins. All I can say is that I like what I see at Minardi and I am going to do my best for the team in 2003. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Paul Stoddart is equally enthusiastic when talking about his new signing. “This is extremely good news,” he says. “The combination of Jos Verstappen and Justin Wilson will, I believe, give Minardi the strongest driver line-up in its history. The two of them will provide just the right blend of youth and experience, and combined with an effective chassis and Cosworth Racing’s powerful CR3 engine, we will definitely have a much stronger package than in 2002. Until we get to the first Grand Prix, in Melbourne, it’s impossible to know to what degree the other teams will have improved over the winter and how we’ll compare with them. Even so, I’d like to think that Minardi could be the ‘breakthrough team’ of 2003.”
araphor Gepost door araphor op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 19:10:02
Nu worden de zondagmiddagen weer gezellig in Nederland.
dap
Gepost door dap op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 19:17:26
pff echt weer een SP'er die meeloopt hoor
heb je geen eigen mening?

/me rent snel weg
dap
Gepost door dap op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 19:19:29

araphor Gepost door araphor op donderdag 09-01-2003 om 19:42:36
Quote:
dapozza schreef op 09-01-2003 @ 19:17:26
pff echt weer een SP'er die meeloopt hoor
heb je geen eigen mening?

/me rent snel weg

* araphor gooit tomaat richting dap
livio
Oldschool
Gepost door livio op zondag 12-01-2003 om 23:33:33
ben dr blij om...
beter dan die irritante christijan albers
dap
Gepost door dap op zondag 12-01-2003 om 23:59:41
hehe die heeft echt een piepstemmetje, maar wel talent.
 Index / Sport, hobby en vrijetijd /
© 1998 - 2024 NLhiphop.nl. Alle rechten voorbehouden - All rights reserved. Parsed in 0.0085 sec.