Deze site is tegenwoordig een archief over Nederlandse hiphop vroeger en krijgt geen updates meer. Zowel de site als forum zijn te tof geweest om niet online te houden.
Index   -   Actieve onderwerpen   -   Beleid   -   Zoeken   
 Index / Radio, televisie en film /
AceInc
Breaking Atoms
Gepost door AceInc op zaterdag 17-05-2008 om 20:27:07
Quote:
A film about one of Hip-Hop's most storied collectives, The Juice Crew, is scheduled to begin production in January of 2008. The movie, entitled The Vapors, after Biz Markie's 1988 hit of the same name, will be directed by Furqaan Clover.

Actress Keke Palmer (Akeelah and the Bee, Madea's Family Reunion) has been cast as Roxanne Shante, while Clifton Powell (Ray, Norbit) will play the part of DJ Mr. Magic. Clover's previous credits include Queen of Media, a biopic of Hip-Hop radio personality Wendy Williams, which is currently in post-production.

In addition to helping launch the careers of artists such as Big Daddy Kane, Roxanne Shante, Biz Markie, Kool G. Rap and Masta Ace, the Juice Crew was known for MC Shan's infamous feud with KRS-One. Juice Crew producer and former head of Cold Chillin' Records Marley Marl is said to have a role in production along with Big Daddy Kane.

Bevestigende rollen
Keke Palmer as Roxanne Shante
Cuba Gooding Jr. as Marley Marl
David Banner as Biz Markie
Evan Ross as MC Shan
Jackie Long as Big Daddy Kane
Idris Elba as Tyrone Williams AKA Fly Ty
Clifton Powell as Mr. Magic

The Vapors Casting Call (filmpje)
http://disconnexions.com/

Geweldig nieuws dit, De Juice Crew misschien wel de meest legendarische crew die er ooit is geweest. Er zijn nog wel een paar namen die ontbreken zoals Masta Ace, Kool G Rap en Craig G maar dat gaat zeker nog komen. Ik kan niet wachten tot deze uitkomt.
----------------------------------------
hate when wack rappers say they hate wack rappers
AceInc
Breaking Atoms
Gepost door AceInc op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:17:12
Nas is in onderhandeling voor de rol van Kool G Rap en ik las ook ergens dat Talib Kweli Scott la Rock gaat spelen en dat er een andere grote naam KRS one gaat spelen.
Spirit
sprrrt
Gepost door Spirit op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:34:50
Nas als Kool G Rap

Dat moet hard worden

I've got my own brand of patriotism, the real meaning of independence.
Finger
Gepost door Finger op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:36:16
Als dit goed gebeurt kan dit sowieso dope worden.
melle
Gepost door melle op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:37:13
Nas en acteren lijkt me niet zo'n hele goede combinatie, die gast komt altijd al veel te stoned over in interviews.

wel leuk dat er zo'n film gemaakt wordt trouwens.
[url]www.soundcloud.com/wnm[/url]
Vent
Gepost door Vent op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:51:39
Belly niet gezien melle?
melle
Gepost door melle op zondag 24-08-2008 om 13:54:12
Nee, ook nog nooit van gehoord zelfs, is die goed?
[url]www.soundcloud.com/wnm[/url]
Vent
Gepost door Vent op zondag 24-08-2008 om 15:01:24
ja heb em ooit gezien is al wat jaartjes geleden maar vond het wel een harde film hoor.. mensen praten ook altijd erg positief over die shit..

Nas speelt er dus in.. dmx ook en mr mefff enz gewoon is downloaden die hap
AceInc
Breaking Atoms
Gepost door AceInc op maandag 25-08-2008 om 01:58:56
Nas speelt wel goed in Belly, film vind ik verder niet zo boeiend beetje cliche verhaal. er is ook trouwens een Belly 2 waarin The Game de hoofdrol speelt maar ik hoor en lees eralleen maar slechte dingen over.

Preview The Vapors

KevinR
Gepost door KevinR op maandag 25-08-2008 om 02:01:31
ben benieuwd!
FreakyFreek
Teringhond & Co.
Gepost door FreakyFreek op maandag 25-08-2008 om 14:20:05
whoooooot dit wordt eeeerruuuugg
http://www.wijzenuithetoosten.nl
AceInc
Breaking Atoms
Gepost door AceInc op zaterdag 07-02-2009 om 14:11:03
erg jammer maar hij is gecanceld

Quote:
Last year, KRS-One confirmed, "The movie kind of collapsed. I spoke to Talib Kweli, who was supposed to be playing Scott La Rock and I was going to coach him through that but then the movie collapsed on his end. I spoke to Biz Markie yesterday because the movie was supposed to be called The Vapors and asked Biz 'What's up?' I guess they didn't get the response they wanted. A press release was sent out that didn't have anything [confirming the production], but it got people hyped and supportive—but no money came with it. That’s the last I heard."

According to Woooha.com, production for the film has officially been canceled due to the lack of funding. Many of the actors have moved on to other projects, and director Furquaan Clover's attempts at raising money have not proven successful. After waiting almost a year and a half for pre-production to begin, many will be disappointed to hear that the Juice Crew story will not be told. Marley Marl has yet to go on record about the scrapping of the film.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8413/title.juice-crew-movie-the-vapors-scrapped

Dan moeten het maar met de verhalen doen......
Masta Ace over het onstaan van de symphony (video)
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 07-02-2009 @ 14:12:51 ]

Index / Radio, televisie en film /
© 1998 - 2024 NLhiphop.nl. Alle rechten voorbehouden - All rights reserved. Parsed in 0.008 sec.