Deze site is tegenwoordig een archief over Nederlandse hiphop vroeger en krijgt geen updates meer. Zowel de site als forum zijn te tof geweest om niet online te houden.
Index   -   Actieve onderwerpen   -   Beleid   -   Zoeken   
 Index / Muziek /   [Pagina: 1 2 ]
mvhemmen Gepost door mvhemmen op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 12:49:23
http://www.statemagazine.nl/state.php/nieuws#article7232

“I, Guru, am writing this letter to my fans, friends and loved ones around the world. I have had a long battle with cancer and have succumbed to the disease. I have suffered with this illness for over a year. I have exhausted all medical options. I have a non-profit organization called Each One Counts dedicated to carrying on my charitable work on behalf of abused and disadvantaged children from around the world and also to educate and research a cure for this terrible disease that took my life. I write this with tears in my eyes, not of sorrow but of joy for what a wonderful life I have enjoyed and how many great people I have had the pleasure of meeting"

“My loyal best friend, partner and brother, Solar, has been at my side through it all and has been made my health proxy by myself on all matters relating to myself. He has been with me by my side on my many hospital stays, operations, doctors visits and stayed with me at my home and cared for me when I could not care for myself. Solar and his family is my family and I love them dearly and I expect my family, friends, and fans to respect that, regardless to anybody’s feelings on the matter. It is my wish that counts. This being said I am survived by the love of my life, my sun KC, who I trust will be looked after by Solar and his family as their own. Any awards or tributes should be accepted, organized approved by Solar on behalf myself and my son until he is of age to except on his own.”

"I do not wish my ex-DJ to have anything to do with my name likeness, events tributes etc. connected in anyway to my situation including any use of my name or circumstance for any reason and I have instructed my lawyers to enforce this. I had nothing to do with him in life for over 7 years and want nothing to do with him in death. Solar has my life story and is well informed on my family situation, as well as the real reason for separating from my ex-DJ. As the sole founder of GangStarr, I am very proud of what GangStarr has meant to the music world and fans. I equally am proud of my Jazzmatazz series and as the father of Hip-Hop/Jazz. I am most proud of my leadership and pioneering efforts on Jazzmatazz 4 for reinvigorating the Hip-Hop/Jazz genre in a time when music quality has reached an all time low. Solar and I have toured in places that I have never been before with GangStarr or Jazzmatatazz and we gained a reputation for being the best on the planet at Hip-Hop/Jazz, as well as the biggest and most influential Hip-Hop/Jazz record with Jazzmatazz 4 of the decade to now. The work I have done with Solar represents a legacy far beyond its time. And we as a team were not afraid to push the envelope. To me this is what true artists do! As men of honor we stood tall in the face of small mindedness, greed, and ignorance. As we fought for music and integrity at the cost of not earning millions and for this I will always be happy and proud, and would like to thank the million fans who have seen us perform over the years from all over the world. The work I have done with Solar represents a legacy far beyond its time and is my most creative and experimental to date. I hope that our music will receive the attention it deserves as it is some of the best work I have done and represents some of the best years of my life.”

RIP
Noedels
DE GRW IS GAAF
Gepost door Noedels op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 12:52:00
Hij was wel een beetje gay op solar, en een beetje boos op premier
RIP GURU

----------------------------------------
clonebabybeats baby
Zjoerd
Gepost door Zjoerd op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 12:55:05
Damn, ik zag dit topic en ik dacht gelijk..nee, dit kan niet waar zijn. Dus ik lees het topic, tranen in m'n ogen. It's a shame..R.I.P.
Mutz
Gepost door Mutz op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:05:52
Fuck man, de afgelopen week Jazzmatazz 1 en Moment Of Truth grijsgedraaid, krijg je dit te lezen...

RIP
Zjoerd
Gepost door Zjoerd op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:07:14
Het lijkt er wel op dat Solar heeft meegeschreven aan die brief, Solar is sowieso een bitch.

Ik ga vandaag denk ik maar extra veel Gangstarr luisteren.
melle
Gepost door melle op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:10:02
Word, RIP.

En fuck Solar.
[url]www.soundcloud.com/wnm[/url]
Schaduw Gepost door Schaduw op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:12:27
Zonde. Blij dat ik hem een 2 jaar terug nog heb mogen checken in Den Bosch.

Rip.
EProductions
Beatbakker
Gepost door EProductions op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:31:35
Neeeeeeeeeeeeee, waarom WAAAAAAAAAAROM :'(

Nooit meer een premo + guru album.

Ben er echt even niet goed van.

http://www.myspace.com/AlwaysBluntedProductions
Vent
Gepost door Vent op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:37:46
Ik moet zeggen ja het is faya enzo.. mad respect voor die man. En hij is te vroeg gegaan.

Buiten dat.. zat ik echt niet meer te wachten op nieuwe shit van guru eigenlijk jongens.. alles wat ie na the ownerz heeft gedropt is kaaaankerwack enne hij is sowieso niet 1 van de top 10 MC's.. die combinatie met premo maakte hem bijzonder.. maar dat zou toch geen 2e x gebeuren

RIP guru
Zjoerd
Gepost door Zjoerd op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:39:04

WilleWa
JK
Gepost door WilleWa op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:44:13
fakt up. RIP
Check voor beats >> http://microphone-colossus.hyves.nl
Zjoerd
Gepost door Zjoerd op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:48:30
Quote:
Vent schreef op 20-04-2010 @ 13:37
Ik moet zeggen ja het is faya enzo.. mad respect voor die man. En hij is te vroeg gegaan.

Buiten dat.. zat ik echt niet meer te wachten op nieuwe shit van guru eigenlijk jongens.. alles wat ie na the ownerz heeft gedropt is kaaaankerwack enne hij is sowieso niet 1 van de top 10 MC's.. die combinatie met premo maakte hem bijzonder.. maar dat zou toch geen 2e x gebeuren

RIP guru

De laatste tijd maakte hij inderdaad niet echt meer dope shit inderdaad. Maar back in the day in zijn tijd was hij toch wel een van de beste mc's. Als je shit van '91/'92 checked en hem dan vergelijkt met andere mc's uit die periode was hij zijn tijd toch wel ver vooruit.
Finger
Gepost door Finger op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:52:29
Its mostly tha voice that gets you up.

R.i.p.
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 20-04-2010 @ 13:52:41 ]
Tha_Bre
Ondertitel
Gepost door Tha_Bre op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 14:07:42
Ik vind het jammer dat hij nog zoveel wrok richting Premier had op zijn sterfbed.. En je begint onderhand toch echt te denken dat Solar gewoon zijn levenspartner was.
I ain't in this just to rhyme great
Dnamiek
Profetisch
Gepost door Dnamiek op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 14:19:16
R.i.P, kut dit.
Wise like that guy, that walked out of Nazareth
High as Silent Bob on top of the Everest
Noedels
DE GRW IS GAAF
Gepost door Noedels op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 14:50:49
Guru was sweet op solar en premier noemde m gaynigga
en toen was er beef
dat is de real story G's

clonebabybeats baby
Finger
Gepost door Finger op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 15:08:48
Het is puur solar, negers in coma schrijven geen brieven.
melle
Gepost door melle op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 15:30:14
http://www.22tracks.com/#/originals/1/
[url]www.soundcloud.com/wnm[/url]
Nieroth
Coneijn, Kip & Dirk zijn bazen!
Gepost door Nieroth op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 16:18:22
Quote:
Finger schreef op 20-04-2010 @ 15:08
Het is puur solar, negers in coma schrijven geen brieven.
Hij was al weer even uit z'n coma toch?
Toch is dit een rare "brief".
Doutzen Kroes naakt.
Timsko
Gepost door Timsko op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 16:21:59
Ik ben echt geschokt, pfff.. Wat ik ben blij dat ik hem toen nog live heb gezien bij Hiphop in Duketown! Eén van de beste en één van mij hiphophelden. Gang Starr forever! Rest in peace
strijker
Van 0 tot 10
Gepost door strijker op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 16:27:12
Kankererg
Weazel
Gepost door Weazel op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 16:49:06
Dam'n.
Al zat het er aan te komen, kut.
Volgde Guru de laatste paar jaar dan wel minder dan Premier, toch blijft het lelijk nieuws.
Het overlijden van de gemiddeld bekende Nederlander doet me bijvoorbeeld een stuk minder.

T'blijft toch Gangstarr..

Edit:

Was hij een homo?

(Ik las eerst kats over dat partner gedeelte heen)
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 20-04-2010 @ 17:02:11 ]
Twister
1988 Editie
Gepost door Twister op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 17:41:25
fucked up... RIP.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
KRStarr
Back in business
Gepost door KRStarr op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 17:45:11
Rip, zeker een icoon in de scene minder...al was het lately niet altijd een even hoog niveau, still a shame dat het maar even bevestigd wordt dat er nooit meer een gangstarr cd of show zal komen
2bad

edit:
fucked up voor Premo dat Guru nog even het e.e.a. benadrukt in zn 'afscheidsbrief'. Wat een corny shit over Solar, no offence
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 20-04-2010 @ 18:19:10 ]

BBRRAAPPPP!!!!
Bartje
Half Man Half Amazing
Gepost door Bartje op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 18:22:20
Guru Rest in Peace!

[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 21-04-2010 @ 12:53:08 ]
daano1
Stalin's Madism
Gepost door daano1 op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 18:24:46
Ik luister de rest van de week alleen nog maar Gang Starr, ik ben verbolgen over zijn dood. Die brief is trouwens wel lullig van hem, tegen Premier.

R.I.P. Guru/Keith Elam
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II voor zaterdag binnen!
Timsko
Gepost door Timsko op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 19:01:39
Ik geloof echt niet dat Guru die brief zelf heeft geschreven, zal die Solar wel achter zitten
Zjoerd
Gepost door Zjoerd op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 19:10:56
Quote:
Weazel schreef op 20-04-2010 @ 16:49

Was hij een homo?

(Ik las eerst kats over dat partner gedeelte heen)

Nee totaal niet, maar het lijkt alleen zo, omdat hij zo op Solar z'n dick zat.
dap
Gepost door dap op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 19:15:01
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4881/in_memory_of_keith_elam_aka_guru.article

All of us here at Rockstar were saddened to learn this morning of the news that Keith Elam, professionally known as Guru of Gang Starr, has succumbed to cancer after a long battle. Guru was truly a hip-hop legend, one of the genre’s greatest voices, and we are eternally grateful for his contributions to the Grand Theft Auto series as the character 8-Ball.

Our condolences to the entire Elam family, to our good friend and his long-time Gang Starr collaborator DJ Premier, and to everyone else who had the pleasure of knowing or working with the man.
FreshS
De frisse
Gepost door FreshS (1.000.000ste bericht postert) op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 19:33:30
rip...
Yo momma so poor she can't afford to pay attention
prime
P.R.I.M.E.
Gepost door prime op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 21:21:18
RIP
betta believe that
Gizzle
Onid/Flowëtisch
Gepost door Gizzle op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 21:29:40
Damn...
R.I.P.
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth'
rame
Gepost door rame op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 00:58:15
Quote:
strijker schreef op 20-04-2010 @ 16:27
Kankererg

Daar is hij aan overleden ja.
mvhemmen Gepost door mvhemmen op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 01:13:16
DJ Scratch live voor guru, is al een uur bezig weetniet hoe lang nog...
http://www.djscratchradio.com/
Jspr
Gepost door Jspr op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 09:55:54
Quote:
Weazel schreef op 20-04-2010 @ 16:49

Was hij een homo?

?

Voor de rest, rip. Nu snel zijn platen halen jongens.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6913/laughq.jpg
Rinse
nieuw profiel
Gepost door Rinse op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 12:03:36

RIP Guru! :`(
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 21-04-2010 @ 12:07:20 ]
Jspr
Gepost door Jspr op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 13:36:40

Weazel
Gepost door Weazel op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 13:47:43
@ JSPR

Solar is dus duidelijk gewoon een grote lul.
Jspr
Gepost door Jspr op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 13:50:41
Inderdaad, gatverdamme wat een gozer.
livio
Oldschool
Gepost door livio op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 13:53:13
Sneu dat iemands dood wordt overschaduwd door zoveel geouwehoer.
Swike
Newskool
Gepost door Swike op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 15:08:08
Damn, hoorde het gisteren al inderdaad, gisteren er nog maar eentje gerookt op above the clouds.
RIP.
He that would live in peace and at ease, must not speak all he knows, nor judge all he sees.
Noedels
DE GRW IS GAAF
Gepost door Noedels op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 18:53:32
Net las ik zo heel snel over de topictitel heen
en toen las ik
"guru overreden"

clonebabybeats baby
dap
Gepost door dap op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 19:20:27
Yesterday there was a huge stir concerning an alleged letter that Solar claimed Guru wrote during his final days. Today the family released an official statement which will put the alleged letter under more scrutiny since the family states Guru was in a coma since February.

--

Keith Elam’s sister Patricia Elam got this to DJ Premier and would like it distributed to all media outlets…..

PRESS RELEASE

The Elam family wishes to thank the fans of our son/brother/father uncle/nephew/cousin Keith aka GURU for the outpouring of love, concern and support.

Our hearts are broken by the loss of someone we loved so much. GURU was devoted to his young son, who will most keenly feel his absence.

GURU suffered from multiple myeloma for over a year. Accrued complications from this illness led to respiratory failure and cardiac arrest. As a result, GURU was in a coma from mid February until his death and never regained consciousness. Early on the morning of April 19th, he became hypertensive due to low blood pressure. He again went into cardiac arrest and slipped away from us.

GURU died far too young but he was, and we are, proud of all his many legendary musical contributions.

The family is not aware of any foundations established by GURU. We know and understand that countless fans want to express their condolences and love and, to that end, we are planning a memorial event in the near future that will be all-inclusive. Please look for further details from the family as they become available.

from The Elam Family
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 21-04-2010 @ 19:28:29 ]
Tha_Bre
Ondertitel
Gepost door Tha_Bre op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 19:49:19
Toch knap dat Guru die brief in zijn coma gedicteerd heeft, wat een flikker die Solar.
I ain't in this just to rhyme great
V.I.P.
California dreamin'
Gepost door V.I.P. op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 20:42:41
Wow, als dat waar is, is Solar echt een rat.
I've tried Shakespeare, respect due dere
But did is de stuff I like
Outshining Gepost door Outshining op woensdag 21-04-2010 om 21:53:54
Quote:
livio schreef op 21-04-2010 @ 13:53
Sneu dat iemands dood wordt overschaduwd door zoveel geouwehoer.

Wordje naar jou, al kun je er in dit geval wel moeilijk omheen. Hoe dan ook, may he rest in peace enzo, al heeft Vent wel gelijk.
Sabr
Weazel
Gepost door Weazel op donderdag 22-04-2010 om 00:11:49
Aan de andere kant:
<sup>(sorry voor die CAPS, zo heb ik het nu eenmaal gekopieerd).</sup>

'' IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.

FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACE”, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.

I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.

I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION” … I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER ''.

En dan nog dit:

Rapper Bumpy Knuckles has lashed out at MC Solar, claiming he is releasing bad information to the public on behalf of the late Guru of Gangstarr, who died from cancer on Monday (April 19th) at the age of 43.

Bumpy recorded with Guru and DJ Premier in particular on a number of records, including the classic track “The Militia,” from Gangstarr’s 1998 classic, Moment of Truth.

Bumpy compared Solar to Yolanda Sald&iacute;var, the woman who stalked Tejano singer Selena.

Saldivar, who was the president of Selena’s fan club, eventually shot and killed the 23-year-old singer.

“It is like that lil fat lady that was obsessed with selena(rip) he stalkd my boy and held something over his head. IT WILL COME OUT!” Bumpy Knuckles Tweeted today (April 21st).

Bumpy, who is known for his no-holds barred style of rhyming, labeled Solar a “sick f***in weirdo” and implied there might be a financial motive to blame for the controversy surrounding Guru’s statements, which were allegedly made prior to his death.

“ONCE YOU GET THE LIFE INSURANCE MONEY YOU WILL PROBABLY MOVE OUTTA THE USA!! UK JAPAN CHINA &amp; EVERYWHERE ELSE,” Bumpy continued.

The rapper also called upon Solar to stop releasing statements and release the details of the autopsy conducted on the famous rapper.

“IF IM WRONG PROVE ME WRONG! GURU HAS A FAMILY THAT DIDNT BEAT HIM UP &amp; PHYSICALLY ABUSE HIM YOU BITCHMADE WHORE!”

Guru’s family released a statement today claiming that Guru had been comatose since suffering a heart attack in February, casting doubts on a series of statements allegedly made by the rapper prior to his death.

“Guru was in a coma from mid February until his death and never regained consciousness,” the rapper’s family said in a statement today. “Early on the morning of April 19th, he became hypertensive due to low blood pressure. He again went into cardiac arrest and slipped away from us. Guru died far too young but he was, and we are, proud of all his many legendary musical contributions.”
[ Dit bericht is gewijzigd door op 22-04-2010 @ 00:17:01 ]
livio
Oldschool
Gepost door livio op donderdag 22-04-2010 om 00:32:14
Stond ook wel een aardig artikel van Saul van Stapele in de nrc next.
Jthag
De Voorzitter
Gepost door Jthag op donderdag 22-04-2010 om 00:48:04
Damn, is hiphop echt uit aan 't sterven?
Eerst Nate Dogg verlamd en nu Guru dood.
Wat een kut week voor hiphop.
Ik eet MC's op; het is gesneden koek, ik zie je hebt de ezelsoren al op dus ik zet je in de hoek
Rem
Tourist
Gepost door Rem op donderdag 22-04-2010 om 11:34:37
Voor de liefhebber.
So don't get any big ideas. They're not going to happen
You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking
 Index / Muziek /   [Pagina: 1 2 ]
© 1998 - 2024 NLhiphop.nl. Alle rechten voorbehouden - All rights reserved. Parsed in 0.0091 sec.